I know! I know! You’re thinking what?!? This woman is all about being the bigger person, taking the high road, being the best positive you that you can be and now she’s talking about revenge! Yep! I am.
I am going to share with you how I made my ex crumble and lose interest in me aka leave me the hell alone! Many of us are purely entertainment to a narcissistic Ex, their fun and games is our torture, so really the only thing we want is for them to leave us alone.
Enter revenge stage right! The star of this chapter and how I took my life back.
1. Know your worth! Narcissists spend a lot of time beating you down and making you feel worthless. That’s their way of making you feel how they feel, but would never admit. Therefore, holding your head high will annoy the shit out of them!
2. When in public, around family and friends, point out when they are wrong. It could be big or small it will all hit them the same. Don’t be rude or obnoxious just calmly point out their error and move on. Be patient and wait for the opportunity, they will say plenty of B.S. and you will be waiting for the moment to politely correct them.
3. Use what you know about them. If they think they are great at something compliment someone else about that topic. For example, if your ex thinks she is the best mother alive compliment someone else in front of her for being a good mom. If your ex thinks he’s an amazing driver compliment his friend on his fantastic parallel parking job. It might sound small, but it will make them boil.
4. Don’t give them the time of day. When they talk act disinterested, maybe even start talking over them to someone else, or walk away. What they say isn’t important to you anyways.
5. Don’t let them use you. They will abuse you and then expect you to do everything they need or want. Try saying sure to their requests then blow them off. —-yeah sure I’ll pick you up— don’t show. Why? Because they think they are the most important thing in your world this reminds them they are not. It’s especially good if you blow them off for something pretty insignificant – it says running to the store for cookies was really more important than picking you up.
These are subtle ways for you to drive your narcissist ex crazy and get the revenge you deserve without compromising your morals. 😉